Films/Videos

looked after.jpg

The One Percent - We have dreams and aspirations

Inspired Youth

2018

This short film is driven by narrative shaped by care experienced young people and is designed to tackle stigma and reduce stereotypes. The powerful wording was developed in response to low expectations and aims to reduce prejudice and raise aspirations. The One Percent is an innovative digital arts campaign delivered by Inspired Youth, driven by the voices of local young people, describing their experiences of moving through the care system. The film aims to spark debate around the issues it raises, exploring what more can be done both locally and nationally to better support young people to make the transition towards independence. The One Percent relates to a national statistic that 1% of children are looked after by the care system. This 1% are consistently compared negatively against the remaining 99%, fuelling lower expectations.